Beowulf requires that all individuals applying for armed security operations meet the following qualifications:
- Must have a valid US Drivers License and US Tourist Passport
- Must be a US Citizen
- Applicants must be able to pass a national criminal background investigation
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at time of application
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or a GED Certificate. Applicants with some college, or higher, are preferred.
- Applicants must never have been convicted of any Felony or any Class I or Class II criminal misdemeanor. A record of recent recurring misdemeanors will adversely impact candidate’s suitability rating.
- Applicants must not have a history of Domestic Violence (The 1996 Congress passed the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act, which contains the Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban. This Ban amended the Gun Control Act of 1968 to render it unlawful for any person convicted of misdemeanor crime of domestic violence to ship, transport, possess, or receive firearms or ammunition.)
- As a condition of employment, Security Services Employees are required to refrain from any use of any/all illegal drugs. Applicants will be subject to drug tests as a condition of employment.
- All applicants are subject to controlled substances and alcohol testing when reasonable suspicion exists that the employee is under the influence of a controlled substance or alcohol.
- Applicants must adhere to and support company policies, procedures and standards.
- Applicants must be capable of deploying for up to 90 days per deployment, twice a year.
Applicants must have completed a minimum of at least two (2) years performing duties in any of the following:
- U.S. Department of State Diplomatic Security Services
- U.S. Secret Service
- U.S. Federal Law Enforcement Agency (E.G. FBI, ICE, CBP)
- U.S. State Law Enforcement
- U.S. Special Forces
- U.S. Military (Army, Navy, Marine Corp, Air Force, or Coast Guard)
- DOS Qualified Privately Contracted Security in support of WPPS Contracts
Alternatively, Applicants may have at minimum, four (4) years of experience as a State/Local Level Law Enforcement officer.
Applicants who have separated from any military service (including Reserves or National Guard) must present a DD-214 in addition to copies of performance evaluations for at least three years. Applicants currently on active duty must present satisfactory documentary evidence substantiating less than two months of active duty remaining or the ability to retire within two months. Applicants who are current reservist must submit an IRR letter. Law enforcement candidates must provide Internal Affairs Reports from each law enforcement agency worked within the past five years, weapons qualification records (most recent or within one year prior to the application date), performance evaluations, and documentation from the Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) office, or the agency that certifies the applicant’s training records.
Time requirements are reduced to one (1) year for applicants who have served in a designated active combat zone (Military) or two (2) years for applicants who performed Tactical Operations with an Emergency Services or Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Unit (Law Enforcement) providing high threat protective services.
Applicants seeking a Designated Marksman posting must be a Graduate of a U.S. Military Sniper School (and subsequent MOS designation notated on DD214) or certified Law Enforcement Sniper School. Applicants applying for a Medic supplement must have the required medical background and certifications must be current for the duration of employment. If possible, provide valid copies of CPR, PALS or Emergency Medical Technician certificates.
Applicants will be DISQUALIFIED from further consideration for employment If they:
- Fail to meet any of the criteria previously stated.
- Falsify or misrepresent any responses orally or in writing to any questions posed to them in the applications process.
- Fail to keep scheduled appointments required as part of the application process.
Applicants who have been dishonorably discharged from military service will not be considered
This application, a cover letter, and your resume may be emailed with your name in the subject line to Careers@BeowulfDefense.com.